The future is always evolving. Therefore, it demands time critical innovation, backed by deep understanding of industry dynamics and changing customer aspirations.
- Sustainability fuels our innovation programme. Intensive work is continuing on alternate fuels. At TML, we have developed hydrogen fuel cell technology that powers both passenger and commercial vehicles to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. This technology was developed with support from the Government of India's Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- We have developed next-gen clean, green fuel based commercial vehicles, such as the Magic Iris Electric, a zero-emission commercial passenger vehicle, which uses solar energy for supplementary charging.
- Our efforts to reform our manufacturing approach will enable the delivery of smarter products.
- Product portfolio will include brand enhancing products and products aligned to rising aspirations of customer segments.
- Our architectural approach will be to reduce complexity, adopt emerging technologies and ensure global relevance.
- We have mapped technology solutions in key areas, such as powertrain systems, ADAS and enhanced connectivity to our future product portfolio and have defined the application framework.
UNIQUE & POWERFUL SOLUTIONS
To support the growing demand for cleaner, safer and smarter vehicles, and build a globally competitive business in the changing automotive landscape, JLR will continue to increase the number of manufacturing operations. Each of JLR's manufacturing sites is catering to specific customer requirements across geographies:
- China's first all-aluminium body shop has been established to support production of the Jaguar XFL.
- In Brazil, a new manufacturing plant has been launched.
- In Austria, as part of the manufacturing partnership with Magna Steyr, JLR's first electric vehicle Jaguar I-PACE is being built.
- The Company has also pledged that by 2020, half of its models will have the option of electrification.
TATA MOTORS' RANGE OF SMART BUSES INCLUDES – STARBUS LNG, STARBUS, BRTS, FUEL CELL BUS, STARBUS HYBRID AND STARBUS ELECTRIC (9M AND 12M). THE SMART BUSES AIM AT MAKING THE CITY CLEAN AND GREEN.
STARBUS FUEL CELL IS INDIA'S FIRST ZERO EMISSION HYDROGEN CELL POWERED BUS, DEVELOPED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ISRO (INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION)
With the I-PACE Concept, unveiled this year, JLR has created a vehicle with supercar inspired aesthetics, sports car performance and SUV space, in one electric package. Going on sale in 2018, I-PACE is far more than a concept. It is a preview of JLR's first production batterypowered car, and demonstrates the Company's on-going commitment to create exciting and desirable electric vehicles.
With focus on decarbonisation, digitisation, connectivity and automation, our subsidiary Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) continued innovating new products and launched 11 major model innovations. It offered new levels new levels of digital connectivity, with the InControl Touch Pro information system, which can be tailored to drivers' preferences.
FUTURE OF MANUFACTURING JLR'S NEW FACILITY AT SLOVAKIA
JLR began constructing the new GBP 1 billion facility in Nitra, Slovakia, in 2016. Some of its key features include:
- The factory wil be at the forefront of aluminium manufacturing and engineering expertise.
- Designed with the flexibility to enable smart and connected technologies that ensure improved process efficiency and delivery.
- Europe's first plant to use Kuka's Pulse carrier system, 30% faster than conventional conveyance systems.
- The paint shop will also feature highly automated processes to deliver quality and minimise environmental impact.
- Land Rover Discovery will be the first vehicle to be manufactured in Slovakia, complementing existing production in Solihull, England.